Make the most out of your next basil crop with our fresh, homemade basil infused olive oil! This simple and versatile recipe is great as a dipping sauce for bread or adding the perfect finish to soup, salad, or any other dish you can imagine. Along with the taste, you’ll love the fresh basil smell and vibrant green color!
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed tightly
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and turn off the heat. Blanch basil leaves for 15 seconds in the hot water. Strain the basil and add to an ice bath immediately. Drain the basil leaves on a paper towel and squeeze out excess water.
2. Add drained basil leaves, olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a blender. Blend well.
3. You can enjoy it as it is or strain the basil oil using a cheesecloth. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
Make it spicy!
Add 1 garlic clove or a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
The post Basil Infused Olive Oil in Just 3 Steps appeared first on BTTR.
Leave a comment