Making yogurt at home can be an easy, fun DIY project to help you and your family reconnect with your food. It’s cheaper and tastier than the storebought kind – not to mention this recipe is sugar-free! Make ahead for a week of healthy breakfast and use leftover yogurt to make more yogurt in the future.
Makes 6 small 4 oz jars
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- fruit preserves or jam
- Date, Coconut and Chia Breakfast Toppers
1. Heat milk on in a saucepan to 110-115 F, make sure to stir often.
2. Add yogurt and vanilla to the warm milk and whisk until there are no chunks of yogurt.
3. Spoon 1 tbsp of fruit preserves to the bottom of a 4 oz jar. Pour yogurt milk mixture on top.
4. Cover with a tea towel and place in a warm location over night.
5. Top with a sprinkle of breakfast toppers, honey and fresh berries and enjoy! Refrigerate the rest for up to 10 days.