Veggie burgers are best when made with fresh ingredients. You’ll love these simple and easy to make patties made with oyster mushrooms and beets. Freeze extra patties with parchment paper in between for an emergency weeknight dinner.
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 3 small beets, peeled and steamed
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook quinoa with 2/3 cups of water.
2. Add beets, quinoa, mushroom and onion to a blender and pulse until well combined. Keep it a little chunky- don’t blend it so that it’s smooth!
3. Add the mushroom mixture to a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
4. Scoop 3 tablespoons of the mushroom burger mix onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape into little burger patties.
5. Spray the top of the burgers with some cooking spray and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes.
6. Once done, let cool for 10 minutes and make your burgers with whatever veggies and condiments you love!