Don’t have time to make a meal every day, yet alone a healthy one? This delicious mushroom spring roll filled with homegrown oyster mushrooms and cilantro is the answer to all your troubles! It’s colorful, flavorful, and simple to make!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Makes: 4 spring rolls
1 cup oyster mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 4 spring roll wrapped
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 scallions, green part only, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Sriracha, to taste
1. In a small skillet, add vegetable oil on medium heat. When oil is hot add mushrooms and kale and stir. Cook for 30 seconds. Add sesame seeds, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Stir well and cook for another 2 minutes. Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
2. Add water to a plate. Dip the spring roll wrapper into the water for 3 seconds on each side. Place on a clean surface and rub the wrapper with your hands to make sure the entire wrapper is moist. Add cucumber, carrot, scallion, cilantro, and 2 tablespoons of the sautéed mushroom and kale to the lower 2/3 of the wrapper.
3. Fold both sides of the wrapper over the filling and then tightly roll up the wrapper from the bottom, making sure all the filling stays in.
4. In a small bowl, mix together vegan mayo, sesame oil and Sriracha to taste. Dip spring rolls into the spicy mayo sauce and enjoy!
– add other fillings like jalapeños, tofu, mint, basil, purple cabbage, sprouts etc.
– use peanut sauce instead if you want!