Who says vegans can’t enjoy an ooey gooey American classic? Not us! We dare vegans and non-vegans alike to resist this creamy, non-dairy mac ‘n’ cheese, sprinkled with CA Whole Wheat cereal for an added crunch and toasty, golden finish!
PRO TIP: Carry your stoneground crumble over to a side dish of Avocado Fries!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
- 10 ounces whole wheat elbow pasta
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 8 ounces vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup CA Whole Wheat cereal
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
1. Cook elbow pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add vegan butter. Once butter has melted, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Add almond milk and whisk for 30 seconds. Add in vegan cheddar cheese and whisk until all the cheese has melted—this may take up to 5-8 minutes. Just keep stirring and it’ll come together!
3. In a blender, add CA Whole Wheat cereal and basil. Pulse 9-1o times. Set aside.
4. Add pasta and cheese sauce into a 8×8 pan. Mix well. Sprinkle cereal crumbs and vegan parmesan on top of the mac and cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
5. Garnish with additional shredded basil and serve while hot. Enjoy!
The post The Wait Is Over: Mouth-Watering Vegan Mac ‘N’ Cheese appeared first on BTTR.