Growing mushrooms with our kits is easy and fun!
- Open the back cardboard panel and cut a “+” into the plastic bag.
- Scrape away some of the top white layer.
- Soak plastic bag submerged in water for ~8 hours.
- Return mushroom bag to box and mist or sprinkle with water at least 2x per day.
Things to keep in mind:
- Mushrooms love fresh air, so placing your kit next to an open window can really encourage the mushrooms to grow.
- Oyster mushrooms like light. Place your mushroom kit in a bright area, but not directly in the sun.
- Moisture is extremely important. You can tell if your kit is getting enough water because you will be able to see visible drops of moisture trapped beneath the plastic flaps. The more water the better; don’t be afraid of over-watering your mushroom kit. It’s impossible!
- Keep your mushroom kit as far away from the air conditioner or heater as possible. The dry air can prevent your mushrooms from growing.
- If you don’t see any growth in 10 days, re-soak your mushroom kit and water as much as possible (you can’t over-water these mushroom kits). You’ll typically see growth 1 week after re-soaking.