Basil, garlic and broccoli put a unique twist on grilled cheese and are a great way to sneak some veggies into a meal. Multigrain grain bread with whole seeds adds crunchy texture to contrast with the ooey-gooey, cheesy broccoli – kids are sure to love it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, bite size
- 4 slices of multigrain whole wheat bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- additional olive oil
1. In a small frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil and basil. Heat for 30 seconds and add minced garlic. Cook for an additional minute.
2. Add bite size broccoli florets and salt to taste. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender. Set aside.
3. Top a slice of bread with a slice of cheddar cheese and half of the cooked broccoli florets. Top with a slice of bread. Brush the outside of the sandwich with olive oil.
4. Grill the sandwich on the same frying pan used to cook the broccoli on medium heat until the bottom is slightly browned. Flip the sandwich and press down with a spatula until the other side is browned as well.
Photos and recipes courtesy of Chef Hetal. Stay tuned for more of her beautiful creations from our Ready to Eat line, and visit Chef Hetal's blog for more tasty recipes!