Makes 16 dumplings
1. Heat vegetable and sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add chopped onion. Cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add oyster mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add minced ginger and garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and mix well. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and spoon filling into a bowl. Cool filling for 15 minutes.
4. Fill each wonton wrapper with 1 teaspoon of the filling. Use water to wet the edges of the wonton wrapper. Bring all 4 corners of the wrapper together and press the edges together to seal tightly. You can also fold the wonton wrapper in half diagonally for a easy way to wrap the filling.
5. Bring a small pot of water to a gentle boil. Drop dumplings into the water a few at a time and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drop dumplings into cold water and drain.
6. For the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Enjoy dumplings with dipping sauce or in a bowl of wonton soup!