Operations Customer Fulfillment
About Back to the Roots
Back to the Roots is an Oakland, California based company founded in 2009 by two UC Berkeley seniors, Alejandro Velez and Nikhil Arora, who gave up corporate jobs to become urban mushroom farmers. Since that time, Back to the Roots has evolved from a single product to a thriving business dedicated to the disruptive proposition of "undoing food" through the creation of innovative products that inspire curiosity and reconnect families to their food.
Our first product was the Mushroom Kit that allowed anyone to grow fresh, organic mushrooms right out of a little brown box in just ten days. We next developed and pioneered the WaterGarden, a self-cleaning fish tank that grows food. Our products are sold in thousands of locations across categories including Whole Foods, Costco, Nordstrom, The Home Depot, Safeway, Kroger, and many other fine retail locations nationwide. Back to the Roots was a Martha Stewart American Made Awards winner and named as one of Forbes 25 Most Innovative Consumer Brands.
Back to the Roots is now working towards re-defining the "future of food" - one that is all about the "undoing of food" back to its simplest ingredients and least processed versions. How do we create and promote food that is made in a kitchen not a lab, and reconnect families back to their food? Our R&D team isn't biochemists and food scientists, it's our grandparents! We think there's a powerful movement that's just starting up around simplicity and un-doing. It is our vision that what "organic brands" were for baby-boomers, radically transparent and simple brands will be for millennials and our kids. Food is the most personal thing there is - it's what we put into our bodies 3x a day - and yet we're so disconnected from it and have so much trust around "new invented foods". We know what works, simple, real food and ingredients - we want to inspire a whole new generation to get excited about that!
The successful candidate will be excited to work in a small team environment to build a company dedicated to changing how we view, manufacture, and consume food. This individual will be motivated to provide superior customer service and improve on existing levels delivered. Problem solving and contributing to iterative improvement will challenge and drive this individual.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Receive orders from customers, validate and enter to ERP
- Fulfill orders utilizing 3PL provider
- Maintain status of orders through the Order to Delivery process
- Identify and resolve exceptions
- Implement process improvements
- Understand and execute Monthly Close process
- Interface with Sales on new accounts setup
- Problem Solving and ability to anticipate and resolve issues before reaching a critical state
- Organization and time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Complete projects and tasks daily
- Organize/prioritize tasks effectively
- Work effectively cross functionally and with all levels of organization
- Work independently with minimal oversight
- Produce top-quality, error-free work
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years working with fulfillment, customer service, or suppliers
- Freight/logistics experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel), ERP system, Web-based programs (Google Docs, Gmail)
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
How to Apply
Click here to submit your application.