Who says healthy eating has to be boring?! Our original Organic Stoneground Flakes (CA Whole Wheat
) are already packed with protein (some might even vote it the Best Cereal for Men
!), but we're taking it one step further. Protein Bites are a fun & easy-to-make snack that stealthily deliver all 9 amino acids (secret ingredient – Blueberry Organic Breakfast Toppers
) and long-lasting energy. Oh, and did we mention they're delicious? Try them out in just 5 steps—enjoy!
Makes: 8 Protein Bites (or 4 Protein Bars)
- Put CA Whole Wheat Flakes in bag and use rolling pin to coarsely crush.
- Add crushed flakes into a bowl and mix in 2 tbs of Organic Breakfast Toppers.
- Add in 1 tbs of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional), 2 tbs of honey, 2 tbs of nut butter, and 2 tbs of protein powder (optional).
- Use hands to mix everything in the bowl.
- Roll into balls and freeze for 10 minutes to harden.
Switch it up! Make bars instead by using a flat pan and pressing with hands. After refrigeration, cut into rectangles.
Want toppings? Add additional stoneground flakes, coconut, or chia seeds to outside for a more dry texture (better for lunch boxes!)
When you love it, share it!
#proteinbites #stonegroundflakes #breakfasttoppers #backtotheroots #undofood
Photos and recipes courtesy of Chef Hetal. Stay tuned for more of her beautiful creations from our Ready to Eat line, and visit Chef Hetal's blog for more tasty recipes!