The recipe this week is dedicated to the chilly weather. Made with Mushroom Farm oyster mushrooms
, Garden-in-a-Can Basil leaves
, and other spices and vegetables, this soup is packed with nutrients and provides the palette a bundle of flavors. Not to mention, it is easy to swap in seasonal vegetables. Inexpensive and delicious—definitely a must-try!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves: 5-6 people
- Chop up all vegetables.
- In a large pot, begin by cooking olive oil.
- Toss in chopped onions, garlic and ginger.
- After about 3 minutes, toss in mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes as water is released.
- Add half a jalapeño (seeded and minced).
- Pour in coconut milk.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth and let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons of paste.
- Toss in carrots and broccoli.
- Chop 6 large basil leaves into tiny pieces and toss in pot.
- Cut up lemongrass stems and toss them in pot.
- Boil mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Pick out lemongrass and serve with chili oil on top and a wedge of lime!
Switch it up: Swap in other Garden-in-a-Can plants for different flavors!
When you love it, share it!
#thaisoup #mushroomfarm #gardeninacan #backtotheroots #undofood
Photos and recipes courtesy of Chef Hetal. Stay tuned for more of her beautiful creations from our Ready to Eat
line, and visit Chef Hetal's blog
for more tasty recipes!