Water Garden 2.0
Meet the new Water Garden — a self-cleaning fish tank that grows organic sprouts and herbs. In this low-maintenance, mini aquaponics ecosystem, the fish feed the plants and plants clean the water — no water changes required! Perfect as a hands-on family or classroom project, or a unique gift for the pet or gardening enthusiast in your life.
Beautifully redesigned 3-gallon fish tank features:
- Elegant curved edges
- Double the growing space
- Custom Grow Pods for easy planting and harvesting
- Improved Grow Bed for optimal water circulation
- Convenient tank access to customize your betta's home
- Interactive aquaponics curriculum — download here!
Includes everything you need to get started:
- Fish tank and gravel
- Organic seeds and grow stones
- Natural fertilizer
- Coupon for a Betta fish
- Fish food
- Silent, submersible water pump
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
This closed-loop ecosystem is powered by aquaponics — the combination of aquaculture (or fish farming), with hydroponics (or growing plants in nutrient-rich water). Here's how the self-cleaning cycle works:
Your fish produces nutrient-rich waste.
In regular aquariums the nutrient-rich waste builds up and becomes harmful to your fish. In this Water Garden, the plants are continually taking up these nutrients as food to grow.
The clean filtered water drops back down to your fish, and the cycle continues!