Business Development Manager - East (Indoor Gardening, Lawn & Garden Category)
Ready, Set, Grow … with us at Back to the Roots as our Business Development & Sales Manager for the Eastern Region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, incredibly talented & passionate team, work directly with the co-founders/co-CEOs, and be at the helm of growing one of the Indoor Gardening industry’s most exciting brands. You will report to our VP of Sales and work closely with the entire leadership team, Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations Teams in a very cross-functional role. The job will be demanding with lots of responsibility – as we scale products and distribution, the opportunity & necessity for engaging, effective and efficient sales strategies will be key to success. In this position, you will be responsible for managing customer related sales, new & existing customer relations, and bringing in new business. As a lead point of contact, you should anticipate each of the customers’ needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines are met, and help each account succeed.
About Back to the Roots
Back to the Roots was founded in 2009 by then college seniors Alejandro Velez and Nikhil Arora after discovering how to grow gourmet mushrooms on recycled coffee grounds. Since then, Back to the Roots has evolved from urban mushroom farming to a thriving business on a mission to undo food and reconnect families to it through fun, innovative, and delicious Ready to Grow and Ready to Eat products (Organic Mushroom Farm, Water Garden, Garden-in-a-Can, Organic Stoneground Flakes, Organic Breakfast Toppers, and Organic Stoneground Crisps). Back to the Roots currently sells its products in over 14,000 stores worldwide, including Whole Foods Market, Target, Costco, The Home Depot, Nordstrom, Petco, Cost Plus World Market, Loblaw, Giant Eagle, Wegmans, The Fresh Market, Crate & Barrel, Urban Outfitters, Safeway, and Kroger.
Nikhil and Alejandro have been honored with several awards recognizing their efforts in sustainability and entrepreneurship including BusinessWeek’s “Top 25 Entrepreneurs under 25,” Inc.’s “30 Under 30,” Inc. 500, Forbes’ “30 Under 30,” and CNN’s “10 Next Entrepreneurs to Watch.” In addition, Back to the Roots was named a 2013 Martha Stewart Top Ten American Made honoree and recognized by President Obama as Champions of Change.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities
- Build business plans with each assigned customer to drive growth, ensure execution and hit KPI’s
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers and hunt for new business
- Arrange business meetings and conversations with existing and prospective customers
- Build trust and long-term relationships with customers
- Work with sales team, operations, marketing, and team members from other departments to ensure all sales needs are met
- Work with broker partner on assigned business. Scorecard against expectations and hold accountable.
- Manage records of sales forecasts, revenue, and other important data
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Cultivate positive interactions & relationships with sales representatives, team leaders and managers, and executives to evaluate sales strategy and results
- Develop ways to improve the customer experience and build the brand
- Attend trade shows & networking events
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales, marketing or relevant field
- Five years of previous experience in Consumer Goods sales; Lawn and Garden, Hardware preferred.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, organized team player
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Eager to expand company with new sales, accounts, and territories
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel
- Travel up to 50%
How to Apply
Visit the link here to apply!